What : Guidelines and Procedures in the implementation of the Relief
Assistance Program (RAP) for Affected OFWs in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and their Families
Coverage : This one-time grant is exclusively for affected OFWs who are either staying in camps or are live-out in KSA or who have been repatriated to the Philippines but have not received their salaries or end-of-service benefits from any of the following:
· Mohammed al-Mojil Group (MMG)
· Saudi Bin Laden Group of Companies (SBG)
· Saudi Oger Ltd. (SOL)
· Mohammad Hameed Al-Bargash & Bros. Trading & Construction
· Aluminum Company (ALUMCO L.L.C.)
· Rajeh H. Al Merri Contracting & Trading Company
· Fawzi Salah-Al Nairani Contracting Company
· Arabtec Construction L.L.C.
· Real Estate Development and Investment Company
Objective : The Relief Assistance Program (RAP) aims to cushion the impact
of forced unemployment/income displacement of OFWs in Saudi
Arabia due to serious financial problems faced by their employers.
Entitlement : The RAP is a one-time grant of financial assistance provided to
each qualified affected OFW or family in the following amounts:
1. TWENTY THOUSAND PESOS (P20,000.00) to be paid in Saudi Riyals One Thousand Five Hundred Ninety (SR1,590.00) to each affected OFW still at jobsite;
2. TWENTY THOUSAND PESOS (P20,000.00) to each affected OFW who was repatriated to the Philippines; and
3. SIX THOUSAND PESOS (P6,000.00) to each family of affected OFW who is still at jobsite.
The Philippine Embassy/Consulate/Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) shall provide the list of affected workers which shall form part of the Program database. The worker’s inclusion in the database shall be a pre-requisite for the release of financial assistance. In addition, the list of names of repatriated workers and qualified families shall form part of the database.